Support your Library
The Charles City Public Library Foundation is an independent 501(c)(3) organization that was formed specifically to benefit and help support the public library.
· Donations to the Foundation are tax deductible .
· Managed by an independent board that has library board members appointed as liaisons.
· Gifts can be specified for a named purpose or can be general gifts to the library.
· gifts are used to supplement the Library’s materials and collection budget.
Friends of the Library
The friends of the library is a 501(c)(3) organization that was organized to supplement the programming that the library provides to the community.
· Also provide a number of community services
· yearly scholarship to area graduating seniors
· supporting the Battle of the Books teams at schools
· Managed by volunteer board of directors, who coordinate programming and assist Staff
· Membership in Friends is open to all individuals, families, corporations, organizations and partnerships.
· Membership dues are $5, however the Friends will accept any level of generosity you see fit to give.
· Donations and dues are tax deductible
Directly to the Library
The third option is to give a gift directly to the library. The Library is a 501(c)(4) organization, therefore, donations are not tax deductible.
· Any monetary donations go into the city general fund.
· This option is best for donation of items and monies designated for a specific purpose such as furniture.
Volunteering your time and talent is an excellent way to give back to your library. If interested, please see the Director for details.