Book Clubs and Book Discussions
Book clubs and book discussion groups are great way to share your reading experience. Find a book club that fits your interests and schedule.
Friday Morning Book Club
- Meets in the spring and fall of each year on Friday Mornings (9 am.)
- We read 5-6 books in each session (Fall and Spring)
- During each session, we meet every two weeks to discuss one book each time.
- Books include a variety of contemporary fiction, nonfiction and a few classics.
- Call the library if you are interested in participating and we will send you information on our next session.
Friends Book Club
- Meets year round on the third Monday of the evening at 6:30 pm.
- Reads a variety of contemporary fiction, nonfiction and a few classics.
- Call the library if you are interested in participating.
For middle school-aged children
- Wednesday Afternoons 3:15-5pm
- For children third grade and up.
- We read together and take about 8-10 weeks per book.
- We have a snack and discuss the book.
Your own book club
The library has a collection of book club sets that we are willing to lend to you. Here are some guidelines on using our book club sets:
- Our book club sets are used by local book clubs and libraries across the state. Therefore all titles are not available at all times.
- Please call the library (641-257-6319) or email email@example.com to check availability of titles and reserve your set.
- Because the sets are used by so many, it is important that the entire set be returned at the agreed upon date.
- Book club sets checkout as a whole. You will check out the number requested as a set and make the individual copies available to your club members. You will also be returning the set as a whole.
- The links below list the book club sets currently owned by the library. Remember to plan ahead to get the titles you want!
If you want to start your own book club, there are any number of ways to do it. Oprah.com has a good set of things to consider before you get started. Check it out here.