Zastrow River Room
About our Meeting Room
The Zastrow River Room may accommodate up to 150 people. It is over 1,500 square feet and can be divided into two smaller meeting rooms. It is available for use by the community.
- The west side features a scenic view of the Cedar River.
- The east side is designed to accommodate presentations, with smaller windows and a projector screen.
- A separate kitchenette is available as well.
Please check our on line calendar that shows events/groups planning to use the room, as of the end of the previous business day. Please call the library to ensure that the room is available at 641-257-6319.
To reserve the room for your event;
- Ensure the room is available by calling the library.
- Read the policies using the link below.
- Fill out a reservation sheet and submit your deposit. Damage deposit charge is $50. Return of the deposit is contingent on leaving the room clean, undamaged and in the condition that you found it.
- Arrange ahead of time to pick up a key if you plan to use the room when the library is closed.
- Multiple tables and chairs may be arranged to suit the needs of the event. The tables measure 6 by 1 1/2 feet.
- The Zastrow Room may be used during times the library is closed by checking out a key for the back door.
- Wireless Internet access is available.
- Multiple in floor electrical outlets are found through-out the room.
- The kitchen is equipped with coffee pots, a refrigerator, a microwave, and a sink. Users need to provide their own coffee and utensils.