The library has the following databases. Using our catalog you can log on once and visit them all! Below is a description of the database and any additional information that you may need. If you need help using any of these resources, be sure to call (641-257-6319), visit or email the library.
Ancestry Library Edition-
Search your family history (This database is for in-library use only). Although similar in many ways to the personal Ancestry membership available to purchase this library edition is missing some of the bells and whistles such as saving your family tree. You may access it from this page only if you are in the library.
- Learn a new language! New users can create their own account through the catalog. Once you have an account set up, you may access it Transparent Language from this page.
-Magazine and journal article search.
Many full text articles are available including Consumer Reports. Use your library card number to log in here or access EBSCO Host through our catalog.
- Freegal-Free and legal music downloads! Freegal users may download up to 3 songs per week and keep them forever. SInce they are DMR Free, you can transfer them to any computer, device or burn them to CDs. To access Freegal, you will need to go to the catalog and log in.
-Avaialbe outside of the library. Search your family history using federal census 1790- 1940, PERSI, books, Revolutionary War records and the Freedmans Index.
Available from the catalog or use your library card number to log in here (please include the p before the numbers on this one).
- Learning Express- Learning Express offers tests and skill building exercises for elementary-aged children though those currently in college. Included are practice tests for the ACT, CLEP, SAT, PSAT, AP, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, GED and others. Work related tests such as those for law enforcement, nursing and civil service are also available. New users can create their own account through the catalog. Once you have an account set up, you may access Learning Express directly.
-Accurate answers to your medical questions. No Log in necessary.
- One Click Digital - Downloadable audio books, many not available on Bridges. To use this resource you will need to set up an account with your library card number (don't need to include the p, just the numbers).
-More help finding your next favorite book.
Please contact the library for log in information.
- Zinio- Our shared collection of digital magazines. To set up an account you will need your library card number (don't need to include the p, just the numbers)
If you need help in using or accessing these databases, please call the library at 641-257-6319.